Fleet Assist Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our contracts with our customers, suppliers, third parties and any other documents referred within them) sets out the basis upon which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By continuing to deal with us and by visiting www.fleetassist.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Fleet Assist Limited of 271 High Street, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, HP4 1AA.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us.
You may give us information about you by filling in forms, either in paper or on our site www.fleetassist.co.uk (“our site”) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. When you correspond with us by phone we may record that phone call. This includes information you provide when you subscribe to our services, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products and services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources.
We may receive information about you through the other services we provide. In this case we will inform you when we collect that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses Made Of This Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us.
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between your company and us and to provide you/your company with the information, products and services that you/your company requests from us;
- to provide you/your company with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you/your company about changes to our service;
- if you or the company you work for is a customer, to allow your information to be viewed by the customer and any personal who is allowed by the customer to view our site;
- if you or the company you work for are a supplier to us or our customers, to assist our customers manage their fleet of vehicles and to allow them to contact you/your company about the provision of services you/your company may be providing to them; and
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you, your company and other users of our site about services that may interest you/your company or them.
Disclosure Of Your Information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group from time to time, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you/your company.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
If you are a customer of Fleet Assist, we may share your information with our suppliers, in order for our suppliers to be able to provide you with service, maintenance and repair services for your fleet of vehicles.
If you are a supplier of Fleet Assist, we may share your information with our customers, in order for our customers to be able to contact you about the provision of services you may be providing to them.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce our agreements with our customers, suppliers and third parties; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Fleet Assist Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access To Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.